green circles





Tuesday, November 29, 2011

You Be The Jury

My sister and I were on the phone this evening sharing stories of being a new mommy (as I am now an aunt!!!).  One of the things my sister said she is excited to see in the future is her little girl growing into herself.  Of course her little girl likes like a baby now, but she said she was eager to gradually see "a glimpse of what she would look like as an adult" as she gets older. 

Aiden is certainly growing into being Aiden.  My sister's comment tonight made me look back at my sweet boy and compare what we brought home from the hospital just six short months ago....




to the little man I laugh and play with now...






It has been fun to see Matt and me "come out" in Aiden.  Aiden certainly has his dad's hairline!  Aiden's left ear also has a wrinkle at the top, just likehis dad's right ear.  Several times Aiden has raised one eyebrow, which he certainly gets from his mommy.  I cannot wait to see what other features, mannerisms, and characteristics he gets from each of us as he grows up!

I always enjoy people's reactions when they first see Aiden or see him after a long absence.  According to my family, Aiden does not look like either of us.  According to Matt's family, he looks just like Matt.  According to my friends, he looks like me.  According to Matt's friends, he looks just like Matt.  I can't help but laugh when I hear each opinion!  So....you decide!

Here is a picture of Matt as close to Aiden's age as I could find...



Here is a picture of me as close to Aiden's age as I could find...

 
So who do Matt and I think he looks like?  Strangely enough, neither of us!  However, we do agree that he looks like someone we know and my sister has even agreed.  Who?  This guy...


We have agreed that if we had to pick someone he looks like, that it would be my dad!  (Which we agree is funny because I don't look like my dad!  My sister has always been the one we feel like looks more like my dad than I do!) 



With so much change in just a few months, I can't imagine what he will look like on his first birthday!  I can't wait to see what other surprises little Aiden has for us in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say that he looks like your dad before I even read this!! Too funny. But when he smiles big I do see Matt. No matter what he is a cuttie!

    ReplyDelete