green circles





Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

Since it is a day to give thanks, I want to take a moment before heading to bed to do just that.  Here is a brief top 5 list of the things I am most thankful for.  Of course everything I am thankful for won't fit in this list, but here is the abbreviated version.

ONE
I am so thankful for a heavenly Father who is forgiving, patient, and sent His only son to die so that I may live.  In the past few months I have learned what an amazing sacrafice that is!



TWO 
I am thankful for a wonderful husband that God created just for me.  We have come a long way and certainly still have miles to go!  Having a baby has truly tested our marriage, but I am so thankful for a loving husband who supports me and all the things I try to take on!



THREE
I am thankful for my sweet Aiden!  I have such an amazing little boy who is so sweet and snuggly!  I have been so blessed to have such a healthy, good-natured little man to call my own.  I have loved getting to watch him learn so many new things in such a short time and he has made me so excited for the holidays to come!



  FOUR
I am thankful for my sister and brother-in-law.  I cannot wait until they have their own little one to hold and love on!  I think Hunter would take Aiden home if he could!  I probably would have laughed in my mom's face when I was little if she told me that one day my sister and I would be such good friends.  I have loved getting to walk through pregnancy with her every step of the way!  I cannot wait until Haleigh makes her arrival this week and she and Aiden can grow up together!  I told Lauren our class field trip to the McWane Center a few weeks ago made me so excited to take our kids out together to all sorts of fun places! 
 


FIVE
I am thankful for my family.  Matt and I were talking this week about how lucky we have it to have two parents who are still married (this coming the day after my own parents' 37 anniversary!) and how rare that is these days.  We know that example has impacted us and our attitude towards marriage.  I know how lucky I am to have two living grandmothers and the relationship I have with them.  I can only hope someday to have the same relationship with my own grandkids.  I am thankful for ALL our family!  We are truly blessed!   


Matt and I were talking tonight about how being a parent really changes the way you look at EVERYTHING now.  You don't watch tv, read a book, drive a car, plan a meal, schedule a vacation in the same way anymore!  Looking at my sweet little boy each day reminds me that while I am stressed, I am also very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment