green circles





Friday, May 27, 2011

COUSINS!

While I cannot wait to be a mom VERY soon, I have something new to countdown to - I am also going to be an aunt! Lauren and Hunter announced they are expecting in November! Since they shared with Matt and me as soon as they found out, we were able to schedule one of our doctor's appointments together - Lauren for her 12 week appointment and me for my 38 week appointment. She and Hunter got to hear our little man's heartbeat and then I got to hear my neice/nephew's heartbeat!! It was a lot of fun and probably the only doc appointment we will get to go to together!


Right before leaving the hospital - Lauren at 12 weeks 4 days and Leslie at 38 weeks 6 days


Out to eat with the family one last time before Baby T comes


An update: I am now going into my third day past our due date of May 25. Being uncomfortable has definitely become an understatement and has just moved into funny now. To get up and out of the bed in under a minute has become a thing of the past - as well as rolling over during the night. There is still a fair amount of indigestion that keeps me up at night. The new symptom that popped up in the past two weeks has been carpal tunnel. While it has affected both hands, it has really affected my right hand the most. A lot of easy tasks have become impossible - especially holding a pen to write. It is a challenge to hold a hair brush, hold my toothbrush, stir a pot, hold a glass, or grip anything, so I drop things constantly! (So much for all the thank-you writing for his 6 baby showers I was planning to do on my time off!) It has been quite annoying to say the least!


The doctor this week did not share encouraging news. While he is dropping a good bit, there is still not much dialation. We are scheduled for an ultrasound on Tuesday before our doctor's appointment because he keeps measuring inconsistenly every week - either ahead of schedule or behind. Hopefully the ultrasound will reveal how big he really is. If all goes well at the ultrasound and doc appointment (meaning he is not too big and a c-section is necessary), we are scheduled for an induction first thing on Wednesday morning. We have joked that he can either choose his own birthday or we have decided it for him! Hopefully by this time next week, we will be parents!


Here is an updated photo. With the pain in my lower back this week, we decided to go to the pool after Matt got home from work. This is Baby Tanner on his due date - May 25 - before we went swimming.

3 comments:

  1. wow leslie, i just recently found your blog and love reading your stories about baby tanner! i know you're anxious to meet him, so hopefully he'll make an appearance soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet him...hopefully sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut hurry up! Your aunt Jana wants to meet you!

    ReplyDelete