green circles





Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Showered with Love

I don't believe a child has ever been so "showered" in his life! While I should be catching up on all the thank-yous for the six showers, the carpel tunnel in my hand will not allow me to write with my right hand. So, on (possibly, hopefully) my last day of being home alone, I have been thinking of the last few months and the arrival of our little boy. Here's 3 of the 6 baby showers...

My 8th Grade Cheerleaders

On the last day of March during the week of SAT testing, Jana suggested we eat dinner together to relax and take our mind off school and babies and testing. She suggested Jackson's in Homewood and I was in! But once we walked in the door, I realized I had been set up! In the upper balcony stood 17 squealing cheerleaders who had decorated the balcony for a baby shower for our little boy! (Who this group has named "Logan") We spent the next few hours giggling, eating, opening gifts, and guessing what the little guy would look and act like. As we opened gifts, we got to "ooo" and "ahhh" at all the little baby things. I even got to hear stories of how THEY chose each gift in the store - and see pictures of one cheerleader (who shall remain nameless) that actually crawled in one of the cribs at Buy Buy Baby! The girls were the perfect little hostesses! An afternoon of laughter was just what I needed during that stressful week!



His precious gifts!


My girls


Opening gifts


More gifts!


At dinner with his sweet cake


The girls at dinner





My 6th Graders

On the day of our 1950s party at school, my 6th graders wanted to throw a shower for our little boy. (Who this group named "Cameron") Some of my sweet parents came in and decorated my room while the kids were at pe and we had so much fun once they got back! We got to eat a few snacks, play a name game for the baby, and even guess our classmates from THEIR baby pictures. A few were easy and obvious, but none of the kids guessed mine! When it was time to open gifts, the kids had gone in together and got Baby Tanner an exersaucer - which all the kids quickly named the animals on the toy after each of them! These kids have been such a big part of my pregnancy, as I was innundated with questions EVERY day about his name, what he will look like, what I think he will be like, how I was feeling. I think some of my kids were just as excited as I am! Even on some of the days I didn't feel so good, their excitement made me excited and joyful. Mrs. Brown and I had set up to skype with the kids from the hospital so they could meet him, but I guess Baby Tanner is on a different schedule. I already miss my kids since I have been gone and they will truly be a group I will never forget!

His gifts in his nursery once we got them home


Checking their answers in the name game


4 of my sweet girls - Hannah, Simone, Lucy, and Millie Grace


3 of my memorable boys - Sam, Ben, and Faulkner



4 more of my sweet girls - Mariana, Hannah, Lizzie, and Sara


Eating our yummy snack once they got back



The precious decorations - including the wreath we are taking to the hospital to put on the door




My 8th Grade Cheerleaders (my new squad)

In late April my newest 8th grade cheer squad wanted to host a shower one day after school for our little boy. (Who this group has named "Austin") We met at Dorothy Pate's house, where all the girls were dressed up and ready to giggle! After eating a few snacks, the girls were eager to open gifts! We had a fun afternoon laughing and getting to know each other! I cannot wait for a new year with these amazing girls! I think they are all just as excited about meeting Baby Tanner as I am!




Half of the girls


The other half

We all wanted to feel him jump and move!


His gifts in his nursery when we got home

No comments:

Post a Comment