green circles





Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beach Bum with a Bump

Baby Shower

First, an update on our first baby shower! The week before spring break several teachers at the school hosted a wonderful shower for Baby Tanner. I always love the showers at the school because it is one of the few times we get to see the teachers from the other grades. It was quite an overwhelming experience! First, I am not one that likes to be the center of attention in a large crowd and opening all the presents in front of everyone was interesting. It was unbelievable to look down the table and see so many gifts lined up for our little man - almost every teacher in the school sent a gift! The shower certainly made it much more real! Bringing everything home and going back through it all helped Matt and me to realize just how truly blessed we are. It was amazing to see such an outpouring of love for our little guy!


My sweet hostesses and coworkers - Elizabeth, Casey, Jana, Pam, Kim, April, Darby, Landon, and Donna


I was lucky enough to have my mom and both my grandmothers come to the shower! 4 generations in one picture (if you count the one in the tummy!)


Aunt Lauren even came to join the fun!


The baby bump and our class pet - the bear (long story)

As many of his gifts as I could get in one picture, not counting the items packed up in the boxes. LOTS of precious clothes, his bouncy seat, diaper pail, activity mat, bottles, bath tub, video monitor, noise machine, toys, bottle warmer, and lots and lots of accessories!


Beach Bum(p)

Since last week was spring break, I had a decision to make. Should I be a responsible, soon-to-be mom and stay home to prepare for our upcoming arrival OR be impulsive (and possibly a little selfish) and go to the beach. Well, realizing it will probably be the last time I relax, I chose the later. :)

It was such an amazing trip! I went with 4 friends from school - Jana, Casey, and April. We could not have asked for a better trip! We went on a long walk every day, ate out every night, did some shopping, and in 4 days spent the days on the beach in 75 degree weather without seeing a single cloud! One of the highlights of the trip was digging a big hole in the sand and laying on my tummy for the first time in months! It felt SO good to stretch out my back and I even took a pretty good nap. You should have seen the faces of the group that settled in next to our sandy spot. Boy, were they surprised when I stood up from my belly-down nap! It was such a great trip and I was excited to think about the next time I put my toes in the sand I would have a baby in my arms and not in the tummy!


The view from the beach - if you look closely the black fin just below the horizon is the best picture I had of the pod of dolphins that swam by right past the sandbar!


The tummy-sized hole! Casey dropped her phone into the bottom for a better shot :)


Me and Baby Tanner. I don't think anyone is ever a fan of a bathing suit pic, but if you can't get away with it when you're pregnant, when can you get away with it?
Final Update


We had our 30 week doctor's appointment yesterday and all went well. Matt even had an unexpected good day at work (Mondays are usually rough for him) and was able to leave early to go with us! My blood pressure was good and his heart beat was nice and strong. I teased the doctor that I thought about making a sunscreen smiley face on my tummy when getting a bit of sun and she laughed. She said all is well and looking on schedule (little does she know I am giving him nightly pep talks to come a week or two early!) :)

1 comment:

  1. Leslie, you look GREAT!!! I mean it, really great! You truly are all belly. And WOW, what an amazing school shower. I'm glad they realize how special you are! :)

    ReplyDelete