green circles





Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In Awe of Aiden

To My Son, Sweet Aiden,



On your 3 week birthday, I have spent quite a bit of time today thinking about the past few weeks and the time you and I have spent getting to know each other. I cannot begin to tell you how quickly these past 3 weeks have gone by and it pains me to think that we only have a few weeks left before you and I cannot spend our days together anymore. I knew the first moment we met that you were something special. You had my heart at your first look, when the doctors handed you to me and and your big, bright eyes looked at me, and for a moment the whole world stood still.

I can't begin to tell you about our journey over the past months together. You have taught me more about myself than anyone else. I can't say that our journey together was an easy one (or is now, for that matter), but you have shown me that I am stronger than even I thought possible. Even now as I think back to the past 10 months, I have struggled to remember the throwing up, the fatigue, the headaches, the back pain, the indigestion, the sleepless nights, and the other pains and uncomfortable symptoms of being pregnant. I never thought that I would ever be able to endure the things I did and for as often or as long as I did, but knowing you were coming made it all worth it and I would do it all again in a second. While at the time the pain and sickness were all VERY real and there were many days that I didn't know how I would make it through, all of those memories vanished when you first looked at me. Even now on days like yesterday, where I was in so much pain from the surgery that it brought me to tears, the only thing that could make me feel better was to hold you and know that every ounce was completely worth it to have such an amazing little boy. You have taught me that love makes anything and everything possible.

As we walked around the neighborhood the other night, your daddy and I talked about you and what a blessing you have been to our family. We can't believe how our lives have changed in just a year - that this time last summer we were talking about possibly starting a family and now we have one! We agreed that you, Aiden, have been the greatest part of our marriage. You have made our relationship stronger and shown us that we need each other's love and support, especially during hard times. In the past 3 weeks you have shown us that communication, teamwork, and encouraging each other can get us through even the toughest challenges we will face. Your dad and I agreed that you have brought a deeper appreciation and love for each other that no one else could do. Your dad and I also agreed that you have shown us Christ's love more than anything else as well. You are truly a gift from Him and we feel so blessed that the Lord has entrusted us with you. I am not sure how anyone can look at a newborn and not be amazed at God's power and love. You are a blessing, Aiden, and your dad and I are reminded of this each time you look at us with your big beautiful eyes that never cease to make my heart melt.




To my sweet boy, may you continue to be a blessing in our lives. My favorite part of the day is our morning nap, where after a bottle and burping, you sleep on my chest and snuggle with me up under my chin for a little over an hour. I know that the time we can do this is limited and each morning I cherish each nap and snuggle. I look forward to many of the things to come in the future as well - especially the first time I can hear you giggle and talk. As I am learning each day that being a parent and a mommy brings new challenges, emotions, and desires, my prayer is that God will guide me through each day and each challenge. I will continue to pray that God will strengthen mine and your dad's marriage and guide us in being the parents we need to be for you.




Happy 3 weeks, sweet Aiden! With all my love,

Mommy

2 comments:

  1. beautiful post and even more beautiful pics.

    when aiden gets bigger and starts to say the darndest, you will lose yourself even more when the little voice in your head starts to SOUND like your child's... for example:
    im cooking supper, and harper walks in and says, what are you doing mommy, and ill say, im making your supper, and harper will say, I wanna see it. OR
    im folding clothes, harper will say, wheres my jellyman shirt? *YES she calls jellyfish jellymans!!!!!** ahhaha, ill say, its in the basket, harper will say, i wanna see it.

    SO as I am reading your post, i swear to you, my heart is saying "aww I should go to bham next week and meet this baby" but the voice in my head is translating for me and all I can hear is
    I wanna see him
    I wanna see him
    I wanna see him

    love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I can hear Harper's sweet voice in my head as I read it! Matt has been pushing for a trip to Montgomery to see you guys and the McFees and we were hoping to do it this past weekend because we would be down for a wedding, but I got very sick on Friday that carried into the weekend. Matt suggested popping down for the day in July, maybe the 9th? I wanna see you :)

    ReplyDelete